Gravey and Rice

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Today he woke up

I've been growing concerned about the amount of time The Littlest Emperor spends sleeping. Since he was born he has slept at least 22 hours a day, with the other 2 spent feeding and even then he's half asleep. Apparently most newborns sleep about 16 hours a day, so I felt that maybe he was taking it to the extreme.

Well, today he woke up! After his 10:00 feeding he was alert and awake and quiet for half an hour! He looked around and I cuddled him and kissed him and threatened to eat him all up because he smelled so good. He even held his head up and looked around. And then he went to daddy for a little bit and they made faces at each other.

He became fussy and started to cry when he got tired, but he fell asleep on my shoulder, and I didnt have to feed him again! I am so happy and excited!

But, I guess it means he's getting bigger, and once they start they don't stop. I don't want him to get bigger! I want him to stay my little newborn baby for awhile longer.

Why don't WE get to choose when they grow? Wouldn't it be great? We could fast forward and rewind their developmental milestones as we see fit. Three year old throwing a tantrum in the frozen food section? Fast forward to school age, and she won't even be there! Sixteen year old getting a little to free spirited? Rewind to when he was that precious little baby who just curled up and slept in your arms all day.

Like TIVO for parenthood. I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits