Gravey and Rice

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Monthly Challenge- June

OK, with the new direction of the blog I'm also starting a monthly challenge. Something new for me to try my hand at each month.

For June my challenge is bread. As I don't own a bread machine, I will be attempting to make bread completley by hand (including mixing). I have never made bread before- the closest I've come is biscuits, which is quite different.

Each Sunday I will be baking a different type of bread. Starting with plain old white bread, today.

I'm using my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for all bread recipes this month. I'll be making White Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, Focaccia, French Bread, and Brioche.

Check back tomorrow for an update and pictures of my first bread baking experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits