Gravey and Rice

Monday, June 05, 2006

procrastination

Well, on Saturday we went up to Essex to go to our nephews 1st birthday party. We didn't leave until 10:00 and it took at least 2 hours to get home, and we didn't get to bed until about 2.

So, I slept in yesterday and didn't roll out of bed until 10. Then to Tesco for some shopping, then make lunch and then we took the kids out for a walk and a picnic. By the time we got home I was shattered, (pushing a stroller up a steep hill will do that to you... ) and was barely up to making dinner.

I kept meaning to make the bread, but I just couldnt get myself to do it, it was just the sheer amount of time, It's at least a 3 hour investment and I just wanted to go to bed. But I ended up flicking through my recipe book, trying to find a cake to make for the kids birthdays, and watching Big Brother and Resident Evil.

Following the bad horror movie, my DH and I discussed what we do if we were faced with zombies invading our house. I'd shoot everyone and then myself to keep them from being chewed on and then turned into the walking, brain eating dead. My DH would let the zombies have us, because "then we could still be together, because we'd only be, you know, half dead."

After that there was no way I was going to stay up by myself and bake bread.

So, once I get the children off to school in an hour- bread baking will commence. I've decided that since only the kids eat wheat bread, I'd probably have to much left over- so I'm going to make a hearty oatmeal bread instead! MMMM. We'll see what happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits