Gravey and Rice

Monday, July 03, 2006

Don't forget the flour....

I feel like I'm learning so much since I more or less threw myself into baking. Last night I learned that when greasing my cake pans, I really shouldn't forget the flour. As my cakes came out wet on the bottom, and pretty much came out of the pans in clumps. Oops. I think adding flour to the pan would have at least kept the bottom of the cake dryer and in one piece.

However, I did not let it get me down. I cut up the chocolate cake (same recipe as below) in bite size pieces, arranged them on a plate and drizzled them with ganache (chocolate icing). They taste lovely, and I'm reminded alot of brownies.

I think perhaps I've found a perfect brownie recipe. Lovely and moist, choclately inside, but not "fudgey", with a lovely crispy exterior. Next time I think I'll use the recipe in a 13 x9" pan, and instead of the ganache, just sprinkle powdered sugar on the top. Brownies. Yum.

Had I not made the mistake with the flour, I never would have realized what great brownies this recipe will make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits