Gravey and Rice

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hooray!



They came! I ordered two books last week from Amazon and, finally, they came! These are books that have been recommended by other food blogs and I think they are fantastic. I couldnt get enough of Baking Illustrated last night and can't wait to try the bananna bread recipe, and was really excited to see a good Irish Soad bread recipe (I love Irish Soda Bread!) Plus there is tons of great information and tips. I feel like I'm cheating, as they go into so much detail, telling you exactly what they tried and what worked the best- of course I could still try different things, but might as well just use their recipe! lol




Williams Sonoma Essentials of Baking looks like it has loads of great recipes, and great information as well. I can't wait to get rid of the kids and bury my head in it for awhile. And, of course- I can't wait to get started baking!


My first recipe books devoted soley to baking! I'm so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits